Saturday, December 1, 2007
What its like to be a Missouri fan
1. Football team has one of its best seasons in ages.
2. Finish the regular season by beating arch-rival Kansas to make it to Big 12 championship for the first time in history, and hand Kansas its first loss of the season in the process.
3. Get catapulted to the #1 position in the BCS poll.
4. Lose to Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game.
5. Likely miss out on a BCS bowl despite #1 ranking, while Kansas is projected to go to the Fiesta Bowl.
Even when Missouri beats Kansas, they still find a way to lose.
And I should point out that it seems that I was right about Mizzou's defense needing to step up. Didn't seem like they ever got the chance to put any pressure on Bradford, and couldn't seem to make a tackle without Oklahoma picking up a few extra yards.