Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuna Fish Cakes


1 pkg stuffing mix
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup mayo
2 cans (6 oz each) tuna, drained and flaked
2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix stuffing mix, water, mayo, tuna, relish, and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.

Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spreay on medium heat. Shape 1/3 cup handfuls of the stuffing mixture into patties; add to the skillet in batches.

Cook 3 min on each side or until golden brown on both sides, turning over carefully.

Makes 6 servings, 2 cakes each.

This recipe is from the Winter 2007 Kraft food and family magazine that Natalie gave me while I was in New York. I have ordered my own (its free) but I haven't started receiving them yet. The recipe was very good and there we options for other fish like salmon and crab. Also, I didn't refrigerate for 10 minutes (not at all, actually) and they turned out great.

No comments: