Sunday, January 28, 2007

Meatloaf Supreme


* 1 envelope onion soup mix
* 2 lbs ground beef
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 cup water
* 2/3 cup ketchup
* 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. In a large, shallow baking dish, shape into a loaf. Bake for 1 hour.

This is Jason's all-time favorite meatloaf recipe. Although I thought it originally came from a hospital cookbook that my mom gave me at least 7 years ago, I recently found it on a box of onion soup mix... who knows where it appeared first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tried the Meatloaf last night. I didn't have any bread crumbs, so I used about a cup of oatmeal. Yummy recipe!

Jenelle said...

Glad you liked it! You can also used crushed saltines if you are in a bind. It changes the taste a little but its still good.