Monday, February 18, 2008

More Winter!!

I have taken this week off from work to relax and spend some time with Jason in Wisconsin. I have decided to use this time to catch up on other things like the blogs that I haven't read or written in quite some time, cook, and work on our house a little (nothing drastic just some cleaning and possibly some new curtains for our new patio door).
I didn't think there could be much more snow up here than in Iowa but I was severely mistaken. This winter is already in the recordbooks for Madison as the snowiest on record. Before yesterday's snowfall, the season total was at 84 inches.. far surpassing the old record of 76 inches. We were supposed to get a foot yesterday after the freezing rain ended but only 4-5 inches fell.. did I mention it is still snowing?

I personally am sick of winter... I want to hear birds and smell spring!

Here are some of our favorite pictures from yesterday, I will try to get out and take some more today. I will try to keep our winter set updated on flickr.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want spring, you should come a visit April and I over here in Berkeley. The hi today is around 55, and mostly sunny. Normally, it rains like a monsoon, but the past week or so has felt like a warm spring.

Note: The nice weather comes at a price. Notably, the exorbitant high cost of living.

A Free Man said...

Good to see some activity on JFroMey.com and some news from Jenelle. Winter in the Upper Midwest looks like fun if you don't have to go anywhere and you've got a sled and a hill and are about 9 years old. How cool would that be?