Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Couch to 5K shuffle

I messed up a little today. I started week three of Couch to 5K. I slightly messed up the program in my head. I was supposed to:
1. Walk for 5 minutes
2. run for 90 seconds
3. walk for 90 seconds
4. run for 3 minutes
5. walk for 3 minutes
repeat 2-5 once

Instead I had in my head that the 3 minutes should be 4. Thats great right? Except when I added the time on my watch, it was about 3 minutes extra, not 4. When I looked back through the times I realized I must have forgotten to hit the stopwatch start after step 3 the first time, therefore running only 2:30 for step 4. So this is what I actually did...

1 Walk for 5 min
2 Run for 90 seconds
3 Walk for 90 seconds
4 Run for 2:30
5 Walk for 4 minutes
5 Run for 90 seconds
6 Walk for 90 seconds
7 Run for 4 mintes
8 Walk for 12 minutes (I had to wait for Jason to be done with his workout)

At least now I undertand why the second 4 minute run seemed so much longer than the first!

Here is what I was listening to:

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere... Alan Jackson w/Jimmy Buffet
Who You Are... Pearl Jam
Lithium.. Nirvana
Take the Money and Run.... Steve Miller Band
Simple Kind of Life... No Doubt
Cowboy.. Kid Rock
Run-Around.. Blues Traveler I found this to be very humorous since the track is tiny (16 laps/mile)
Uptight (Everything's Alright)... Stevie Wonder
Heartspark Dollarsign.. Everclear

No comments: