Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

I was such a procrastinator.... since Jason and I have been riding to work together, I didn't have a chance to get his gift until today! I guess it wasn't too late.
It was a busy day. I went to lunch and then went shopping. I bought Jason a bottle of cologne.

Unfortunately, when I was looking for a good scent, I was spraying the little cards and I inadvertently sprayed myself with a terrible smelling one. I didn't spray that much but enough that I smelled it the rest of the day.
The commute home was terrible. It took us an hour and a half to get home because of an accident on our route. I hope everyone made it out of the car safely but it was still frustrating to be in the car that long.
When we got home, there was a package for us in the mailbox... a gift from Jason's parents.

And finally, there was one more box on the doorstep when we got to the house. I was told this was my present so I opened it... only to find the best chocolate ever!

Then came dinner... salmon with puff pastry, pesto and tomato.. a very quick recipe but very rich and delicious!

And then the best part.. a dessert I have wanted to try for a while.. S'mores Brownies. Graham cracker crust, brownies, and marshmallows.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Ken said...

Don't you find that exercise and S'mores Brownies is somewhat of a dichotomy? Nonetheless, they looked yummy! We're going to try the salmon this weekend...without the exercise!